Every morning I find myself having a media breakfast way before I have an actual breakfast. This is what keeps me growing, learning and evolving as a designer. Here you'll find the components of that meal... and some random stuff on the side

Saturday, December 26, 2009

A tree house affair

Christmas was yesterday and a family member of ours got a really cool book about AMAZING and BEAUTIFUL tree houses. Both Ian and I thought we would find our favorite one (although it's a restaurant) and we were sadly disappointed.

Yellow Tree House Restaurant is found in Auckland on private land. The only way you can find yourself dining at this restaurant is by getting really lucky. Also once you go on the site, you'll see a yellow bar on the bottom of the page and "day 66". It's a timeline of the construction of the amazing restaurant. Drag along the line and you'll be amazed to see how much was accomplished in 66 days.

And I think that the website design for the restaurant is also pretty damn cool. I've been inspired!








the architecture drawings

0 comments: