Every morning I find myself having a media breakfast way before I have an actual breakfast. This is what keeps me growing, learning and evolving as a designer. Here you'll find the components of that meal... and some random stuff on the side

Friday, July 25, 2008

a new view of the MET



Prior to this past weekend, I've been to the MET around 10 times [not counting the college group at the met events] After I made my way through the Jeff Koons and Superhero exhibit Ian asked "What do you want to see now?".... my response "a room that I've never been in". Well it turns out that I had not been in A LOT of the exhibits at the MET.

In the Japanese section, I found tranquility and inspiration for the typography of a project I will soon be starting. We also found the table we want as a conference table when Ian and I open our design house -- the artist is George Nakashima. We also came across the vaults in which a vast collection was displayed and categorized behind glass cases

I think it's safe to say that the MET will be a museum that I will visit more often. Now that I don't have to worry about those dreadful Art History papers, it will be far more enjoyable.

0 comments: