Every morning I find myself having a media breakfast way before I have an actual breakfast. This is what keeps me growing, learning and evolving as a designer. Here you'll find the components of that meal... and some random stuff on the side

Friday, July 25, 2008

soaking it all in!






I love NYC and I especially love NYC in the summer. The warm summer breeze, the free movies and concerts in the parks, museums and the occasional trips to the much crowded coney island.

I have never been one for going to museums that are filled with tourist wearing their "clean, white sneakers" and "matching, colored shirts" who as my sister Jacquie stated, just take a picture of the art work instead of just enjoying the work for all its worth. I try not to be a hypocrit and admit that I take pictures of certain pieces because I use them as a resource of inspiration and of course this is after I've stared at the piece and have soaked it all in.

It's time for me to get on with this post and explain why there's a need for it at all. Ian and I have found ourselves at a different museum/exhibit for the past couple of weekends.

Last weekend was the Jeff Koons and the Superhero exhibit at the MET. I LOVED the Koons exhibit. The bold shapes, bright, vibrant colors with all the shine/brightness in the world nearly blinded me. Like a raccoon and shiny objects, I just wanted to keep staring at it [thank god for my sunglasses, otherwise i might have cause some serious damage to my eyes]

The Superhero exhibit was an interesting one for which I have some qualms with. As Ian stated while we walked through the rooms, we wished we were capable of seeing the "behind the scene" of how such costumes are put on. Aside from the Mystique of X-Men display which was slowly rotating on a pedestal at all times, the viewers only see the front side of the pieces-- that was annoying!

Enough chit-chatting, enjoy the images.

1 comments:

lobese said...

haha someone sent it in a company email! lol

i saw that giant balloon dog at a museum in dallas a couple years ago!