Every morning I find myself having a media breakfast way before I have an actual breakfast. This is what keeps me growing, learning and evolving as a designer. Here you'll find the components of that meal... and some random stuff on the side

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Hair Torture

























What started out as a simple question "Mom can i get dreads?" turned into a few weeks long constant begging. Ian's younger brother wants dreadlocks. After a lot of research from his part [selective, of course] mom and dad said "Okay you can get them for your birthday"

Here we are, as promised. Weekend trip to Brooklyn and now Ian and I are becoming dreadlock professionals with the tools from Knotty Boy. Who knows, perhaps this will be a career change for the two of us.

Of course, we'll provide photo updates every 30 minutes or so. One thing is for sure, this will be task for Ian and I to communicate with each other. He's a boy with no experience on long thick hair and I'm a girl who always has had long thick hair. Hour and a half into the process and Dylan is on his 3rd Ibuprofen.

Don't mind the order of which the images are found in..

We started at 11:30 am and by 3:51 Dylan started with his jokes and impersonations... its going to be an interesting time until we are done.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dylan's straightened hair is my favorite.

lobese said...

good job guys!