Every morning I find myself having a media breakfast way before I have an actual breakfast. This is what keeps me growing, learning and evolving as a designer. Here you'll find the components of that meal... and some random stuff on the side

Monday, October 6, 2008

another year of wisdom, a night of fun!































Ian turned 23 yesterday and after being misled about rush tickets and prices for Fuerza Bruta [brute force], we finally got our tickets. We quickly grabbed a bite to eat and headed back to the Daryl Roth Theatre in Union Square. On our way in, we noticed 2 couples who were leaving and overheard about being misled on the tickets. I followed them outside and gave them a code that would reduce their ticket price to $39 as opposed to $70 a pop. They were extremely grateful for my help [good karma points]. We made it into the lounge/waiting area and the place quickly filled up. I began to feel slightly clausterphobic and Ian reminded me that this is not the place nor time for this.

There's no way of doing the show justice in trying to describe what it is about. It is a sensory overload and an experience that is one of a kind. The show is 70 minutes long and you are in a theatre with no seats. Everyone stands for the duration of the show and is ushered around during the performance. We all essentially become performers and feed off everyone's energy. There are several moving set pieces including a treadmill, a stomping floor, a confetti explosion, a rotating ring and a mylar pool over your head. My favorite part was most certainly the mylar pool.

The mylar pool has 4 female members dancing, jumping, sliding and splashing. The boy next to me at the time as well as everyone else got a peep show several times. This was the longest set piece. They lower the pool enough to where you can touch it and make direct eye contact with the performers.

I'm going to stop trying to explain the show because like I said, it won't do any justice to it. I'll upload some photographs from it and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE - if you are ever in Union Square, want to see an amazing show, aren't clausterphobic and won't have seizures caused by strobe lights then GO SEE THE SHOW! I wouldn't bring a fancy camera because you won't be able to enjoy the crazy, wet rave party at the end of the show without getting it soaked.

And so we left the show feeling like it was all a dream and headed back to Brooklyn. We ended up going to Madiba for dinner and finished off the night with a delicious dinner, drinks and dessert. Oyy that white russian and sambuca aren't settling too well in my system right now.

0 comments: