Every morning I find myself having a media breakfast way before I have an actual breakfast. This is what keeps me growing, learning and evolving as a designer. Here you'll find the components of that meal... and some random stuff on the side

Thursday, October 23, 2008

a life full of work

I love working in the advertising industry and I might sound crazy but I also love sleepless nights doing work for the next day-- as long as I get to take a cat nap the following day and spend quality time with the boy. The work that I've been doing has been loads of fun and quite the learning experience-- I cannot wait to keep going at it.

I'm no longer working at the restaurant and can give my full time to all the design work. I will miss the employee discount. Speaking of restaurant, Ian and I made our way to Kif for dinner tonight. Oh my godddd i died and went to heaven with the food there. The chicken soup that was one of the specials was just like the one my grandma used to make me when I was little back in Cuba. It had corn and vegetables and it was thick and an explosion of flavors in my mouth. Ian got the hummus, it was potent and fresh. The pita bread that came with it was fluffy and not stale like Zaytoons. I got the boneless short ribs and mashed potatoes.. Ian got the burger. We split a coconut flavor flan. The atmosphere in there is amazing. For days now we've been overly stressed, anxious and overworked. As soon as we walked in, we immediately settled down in the corner booth and was greeted by our waiter who by the way had a french accent to die for. Everything there helped us wind down and relax... just what we needed. I cannot wait until I get my camera for Christmas and I can start taking pictures of these new food experiences like Monica does.

Back to watching Primal Fear with the boy.

0 comments: