Every morning I find myself having a media breakfast way before I have an actual breakfast. This is what keeps me growing, learning and evolving as a designer. Here you'll find the components of that meal... and some random stuff on the side

Friday, October 3, 2008

when is it enough

I was chit chatting with the lovely Mandi Hulme last night about our lives and everything in between. We talked a lot about what has been going on and after reading back on our conversation, I have been doing a lot and have accomplished so much in the past couple of weeks.... yet i feel like i'm at a stand still. I feel like I have not accomplished anything and this is perhaps because it has all happened so fast that my days have blended in together.

In the past month i have accomplished the following:

- Started developing the concept and brief for Blue Rare with Monica.
- Casted, directed and produced 3 National Radio spots for Metlife and Partnership for a Drug Free America.
- I have found a new interest in pursuing arts other than visual arts -- yay for music.
- I have lost close to 15lbs.
- Design work for Sigma Sigma Sigma and the National Convention.
- Design work for NCSHLA.
- Have worked 30+ hours every week at Il Porto
- I have become more aware of my fashion sense and have sort of given myself a boost of confidence.
- I have solidified my relationship with some very special people and at the same time have ended some toxic friendships.
- I have tried to stay involved with the colony as much as possible [yay for 10 new ladies!]


...and yet, I'm obviously not that impressed with it-- much less happy. Don't get me wrong, I'm not sad... I'm just not all that satisfied.

Things that I look forward to in the coming days/weeks that will hopefully ease my mind and perhaps make me feel more accomplished...

- FCB and Plum [crossing my fingers like there is no tomorrow]
- Breakthrough with Blue Rare, I sort of need time in the day when I can actually do work for it and be happy with it.
- Continue to work towards my weight goal and tone up once I loose a few more pounds.
- Break it to Ian my thoughts of quite possibly applying for the LC position with Sigma. I really want to do it but it is all dependent on how things play out in the coming weeks.



Something has got to give! I always need to stay busy and be satisfied but what will it take to get there?

1 comments:

lobese said...

i love love love u girly. you are all over the place! keep up the hard work, you're gonna take over the world one day!