Every morning I find myself having a media breakfast way before I have an actual breakfast. This is what keeps me growing, learning and evolving as a designer. Here you'll find the components of that meal... and some random stuff on the side

Sunday, August 24, 2008

11 miles




Saturday was the perfect day for a much needed bike ride around Brooklyn. Our objective was the Five Guys Burgers and Fries in Park Slope. That itself was a task because the farthest I've made it has been Fort Greene Park. This was my chance to get comfortable riding what we later found out to be a not working gear and speed shifts bike. We decided to ride up to Prospect Park and go through the park for scenic purposes. It was then when Ian realized that my bike shifts was not working and that I had been over working it the whole time. It took a little while for him to fix it. We made our way around the park to the 9th street exit and arrived to a heavenly made burger and fries lunch. We walked around Park Slope for a while and then set out back to Prospect Park to finish the lap around the park. We took a break when we got to the lake and Ian taught me a few things about shifting on the bike. We headed out back to our apartment the same way we came and then half way Ian suggested we stop at Target to pick up an air pump for the bikes. Left on Atlantic Ave and that was when it was confirmed to me that Brooklyn drivers are A**HOLES. I almost got hit a few times but survived. We made it back to the apartment all sweaty and with a funky tan for the two of us. We mapped our route and we rode a total of 11 miles. That explains why I am thoroughly sore today. I'm waiting for Ian to finish his work and we're off to Atlantic Ave for shisha and hoping to make it back in time for the closing ceremony.

I enjoyed the work out I got yesterday and I cannot wait to keep it up. Why couldn't I have discovered this in the beginning of the summer?

0 comments: