Every morning I find myself having a media breakfast way before I have an actual breakfast. This is what keeps me growing, learning and evolving as a designer. Here you'll find the components of that meal... and some random stuff on the side

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

home sweet home


-google earth of home


We have just decided to buy our train tickets and go home tomorrow night 'til Sunday. Thank god we're close enough to home where we don't have to spend an arm and a leg for our excursions. Now the question is, why do we choose to go home on weekends where there's plenty to do here with our friends. It's labor day weekend and there are many BBQs going on. Perhaps it's out of necessity. Breathing in the fresh air, running through the morning wet grass and playing with the animals is what we need in order to survive the late night sirens, sweaty subways and the lack of trees that Brooklyn has. Or it could very easily be the fact that we miss the family and want to continue our Labor Day Weekend tradition alive.

My goals for the weekend

- For once, I don't want to sleep in.
- Ride our bikes through the property and perhaps even down to Saratoga Lake.
- I want to make sure that Christie and I make it to the bead store.
- Get lots of home cooking.
- Make sure pop pop makes us a banana bread with chocolate chips and NOT raisins.
- Document every moment of our trip and finally get working on a personal project.
- Make sure that both Ian and I turn off our cellphones and don't answer emails.
- Be as far away as possible from a computer.

Next trip home: Sept 18-21 with Alex, Alyssa and Kim <3

0 comments: