Every morning I find myself having a media breakfast way before I have an actual breakfast. This is what keeps me growing, learning and evolving as a designer. Here you'll find the components of that meal... and some random stuff on the side

Saturday, August 30, 2008

labor weekend love





I felt like a spoiled brat today! We went over to the Saratoga Race track to bet on a few races and just have a good time. I'm a fan of the track and of thoroughbred racing but have only experienced it during close hours while I was working for Dehn's doing all the flowers and whenever we go over to the main area. For the first time, I got to go on the backstretch where only horse owners or those directly working with horses are allowed. It is rows of barns after barns that get rented out during track season filled with horses and of course horse poop. Ian's parents are horse owners and that's how we got to back back there. The fun part of it all was that our property has a gate directly connected to the race track so we just took our golf carts over-- that definitely beats having to drive through nelson ave traffic and then find a parking spot.

When the races go on, we get to be right against the track rails, 25 feet away from horses running 35mph that can easily stomp and kill you. I got some good shots of the horses even though it was overly cloudy and it rained a few times.

Now it's time to play some Rock Band and go see the Dark Knight with the whole family tonight. I hope I can keep Ian's mouth shut during the movie of excitement since we've seen it already.

1 comments:

lobese said...

i'm glad ur having fun at home! that puppy is WAY too cute. omg i want it!!!