Every morning I find myself having a media breakfast way before I have an actual breakfast. This is what keeps me growing, learning and evolving as a designer. Here you'll find the components of that meal... and some random stuff on the side

Friday, August 29, 2008

finally home!




Never thought I'd say this but I actually prefer taking the bus than the train home. The trip is quite more scenic and come on, they played Rush Hour 2. I'm also glad that I have my blackbery because I spent most of the time chit chatting with Bri, Nan and Lorraine.

Made it into the train station and home right as the end of the biography video on Obama. Right away we were greeted by the ever so fresh puppy. Oh my good god, she is spunky and quite a fan of jeans and toes. Obama's speech was FANTASTIC and just what many doubters needed to hear.

I'm happy to say that we had 2 banana-chocolate chip breads waiting for us from Pop Pop [yum yum!]. Everyone went to bed except Ian and I who did the usual movie browsing and caught up with what is showing on HBO- nothing like The Transformers at midnight. Layla stayed up with us the whole time until around 2am when we went to bed.

We kinda cheated and slept in until 9:30. Nan likes for us to be up by 8am so that "we don't sleep the day away". We usually manage to somehow get away with sleeping until 10ish so I'm glad we did better today. Big story of the day-- McCain chose Palin for running mate. Okay I'm not going to get into it too much because I believe that it all speaks for itself but come on, he bashes on Obama for inexperience and yet he chooses such an inexperience governor? I mean he's 77 [i believe] today and she's in her 40s. Can she take over if god forbid something happens to McCain if god forbid McCain gets elected for president. There are many qualms with his choice but hey, anything that keeps him from commander in chief works for me.

Time to go for a walk with Layla and Ian and enjoy this wonderful weekend ahead of us. Glad to be home with the family and looking forward to getting some relaxing time and plenty of home cooked meals.

For dinner tonight: Famous Brooks BBQ chicken with potatoe salad, corn on a cob and an ice cold beer!

1 comments:

lobese said...

did you hear what mccain said? verbatim. he said that he valued power over principle.

WOW.