Every morning I find myself having a media breakfast way before I have an actual breakfast. This is what keeps me growing, learning and evolving as a designer. Here you'll find the components of that meal... and some random stuff on the side

Sunday, August 24, 2008

a much needed update!

OKAY! So I've been busy lately with personal project/NCSHLA/Partnership for Drug Free America and interviewing for a staff position. All of the places that I've interviewed at have really promising outcomes, except that the economy sucks and all Hispanic Advertising have been put on hold until January! I guess I can go for General Market work and see how that goes but there are a million other people who want those positions and my uniqueness is my culture and understanding of the language and Hispanic people. I might not have a choice and will have to settle for General Market work, especially with the first payment for my college loans rapidly approaching.

The RAs have been back for training. Although, I am no longer part of the staff i have missed a whole bunch of them ALOT. After many attempts to get together with them during their training schedules, I finally went over to Willoughby the other night during the Ice Cream social [yum] I didn't really realized how much I've missed some of them until I saw Kim and Chris. Chris has been around all summer yet we never managed to get together and only saw him after Seraphin's news and when Ian and I bumped into him at Columbus circle [we were headed out of seeing the dark knight and he was on his way in]. Kim gave me a stylish hair cut to help me control my curls [yeah my hair is curly now- GO FIGURE] and then I headed over to Chris's place. I finally got to see his new apartment with a balcony and breath taking view of the city. Chris, Santiago, Derek and I sat out on the balcony and talked/joked for hours. I couldn't have been happier spending my time with Chris in a non work environment. I have always enjoyed his presence and friendship but he was always my boss. Well that is no longer the case. He made a comment that pretty much said it all -- "WE CAN NOW BE ADULT FRIENDS, YOU WILL BE MY FIRST REAL FRIEND HERE!". OH YEAH it's time to have fun. My conclusion of that night is that I am glad to not be on staff this year. The year has barely started and there's plenty of drama to go around. I will miss the sense and security of family but not all the baby drama! And of course after I leave is when they decide to paint the hallway walls a caramel color and the doors a chocolate brown instead of the hideous blue!

Ian and I have continued our obsession with the Olympics with the purchase of Mario & Sonic at the Olympics for the Wii. We have watched every possible minute of the games and have come up with our own opinions on the gymnastic controversy, the Phelpnomenon and the butter finger track players. I'm very proud of the Cuban team and all their efforts that have paid off with their 13+ medals. I'm sad in knowing that closing ceremony is tonight but fortunately we have the video game. Myself as Luigi and Ian as Shadow will keep the excitement going for months to come as we break our own world and olympic records in all events.

And I'm looking forward to Monica's return to Brooklyn this Tuesday. We can finally put our plan to take over the world into action over drinks and yummy food every Sunday!

0 comments: