Every morning I find myself having a media breakfast way before I have an actual breakfast. This is what keeps me growing, learning and evolving as a designer. Here you'll find the components of that meal... and some random stuff on the side

Thursday, September 18, 2008

day full of compliments

Today was a day full of compliments. I did casting for my first national radio spot and it was an amazing learning experience. After arriving about 20 minutes late {they forgot the south in Park Ave] i was worried about first impressions. I met with the owner and casting director of the agency. He's a "fabulous" guy with a lot of charisma. I found myself alone with Donna who was doing the recordings and the individuals who were auditioning for the parts. I was the only one who understood Spanish and therefore calling all the shots. Like Monica said "I'm officially an Art Director". After a long, joyous day I listened to the tracks and made my decisions. I emailed them to Lorraine this morning and the client agreed with my decisions!!

As I was getting ready this morning for work Ian goes "hey I thought you'd be gaining weight working at Il Porto but instead you've lost weight". Now those are the words every girl should hear every once in a while.

On my way to work this morning, i got an email from Lorraine about how Don [casting director] called her to rave about me. Apparently they all "instantly fell in love with me" and that I was beautiful. He then proceeded to ask Lorraine to get in touch with me because he would like for me to audition for some parts. HA! We're talking about the biggest casting director for movies, TV and radio in NYC. I took that quite as the compliment! I told Lorraine "yeah sure, what do I have to loose, life is full of opportunities and I plan on taking advantage of them" who knows, maybe you'll hear my voice on the radio or see my face on TV! [don't hold your breath]

I'm at the restaurant working the lunch shift and I get a 8 person table. One of the guys turns to me and says " hey I remember you , you're an RA at Pratt. No one can ever forget that beautiful smile". He was one of the detectives that was working on an incident. He was the one that knocked on my door and woke me up at 7 on a Saturday. I don't recall ever giving him a smile, especially that early in the morning. I recognized one of the other guys at the table as a contestant on last seasons of American Gladiators. He was the one that got taken out by Wolverine on the rings. He happily shared with excitement his experience with the show. He said that there were 10-20 minute pauses as they got the camera angles right and that the gladiators never stepped out of character.

It was nice to see some familiar faces at the restaurant today Asheley and her friend had lunch there and it was fun to briefly catch up on classes and what I would be doing had I stayed at Pratt.

I had dinner with my friend Tim from high school in Chinatown tonight. I haven't seen him in a few months and it was long overdue for us to get together and catch up with everything that has been going.

Time to do some major work before my session with Monica tomorrow and catch enough sleep for my directing debut tomorrow. I'm a little nervous about it but all I have to do is trust my instincts. I've been taught well!

1 comments:

lobese said...

Aray! You are amazing! I'm so proud of you! =)
Kick ass tomorrow!