Every morning I find myself having a media breakfast way before I have an actual breakfast. This is what keeps me growing, learning and evolving as a designer. Here you'll find the components of that meal... and some random stuff on the side

Friday, September 5, 2008

yesterday was a magnificient day [for the most part]

I started my first shift at Il Porto . It is a new italian restaurant on Washington with authentic brick oven pizzas and lots of choices for entrees. My first day couldn't have gone any better, Andrew is awesome, the kitchen staff is respectful and polite and the general atmosphere is laid back. They do not have their liquor license yet, they've only been open for a little over 2 weeks so its pretty much BYOB.

The best part of the day was finding out that the visit we got yesterday from the local fire department is a regular one. The fire station makes a daily trip to the restaurant for their lunch and let me tell you something, it is a walking calendar [hotness!!]

Worst part of it all was loosing all of my skin from the back of my feet thanks to new shoes blisters. By the time I was done, Ian had to meet me outside the restaurant with a pair of flip flops because I could not walk another inch in the shoes I got. I soaked my feet in water when I got back to the apartment and screamed bloody murder. I can't quite walk this morning but I'll figure something out for tonight since i'm working the packed dinner shift.


Best part of my day was getting a phone call from Brenda who up in the ranks in the sorority at a National level. I have been wanting to do work for the sorority and I knew it was a matter of time before it would happen. It is official, I will be doing work for Sigma Sigma Sigma for the next few years and I couldn't be happier especially considering everything that has been happening lately. I got home and texted Sherry about it-- i had a feeling she had something to do with it all. She immediately called me back and we talked for over an hour about everything. Sherry has become a second mother figure in my life and it is amazing. Our conversation ended on a hilarious note-- talking about Sarah Palin's youngest daughter licking her hand and then trying to fix the baby's hair... HILARIOUS!!

1 comments:

lobese said...

time to get some gel insoles!