Every morning I find myself having a media breakfast way before I have an actual breakfast. This is what keeps me growing, learning and evolving as a designer. Here you'll find the components of that meal... and some random stuff on the side

Monday, September 8, 2008

life is full of surprises

Okay so recap of what has been going on lately. Working at the restaurant is fantastic and quite enjoyable! Yesterday I got to spend time some good quality time with my sister from another family - Alyssa. I always always always love spending time with her. She came over, recharged her laptop cuz her power cord died and then got some pizza from Il Porto. Alex came over after work and we had a good time. We left the boys to have some manly bonding time over music and drums and we left for the Tri-Sigma/Kappa Sigma mixer. It was soooo nice to see all the girls and all my boys. The group of people there were the stress and drama free bunch who love what they do and love being around people. Our potential new girls are AMAZING and I'm excited to be able to call them my sisters. I don't get to go to events very often since i'm on Alum status and I def enjoy anytime I get to show support and see my favorite people.

I got to briefly hang out with Monica and Natalie as they grabbed some food before class. Hearing all the stories about fashion week, I wish I was there in the midst of it all. The ladies are having a wonderful time and I hope that they have a fabolous rest of the time mingling and schmoozing with fashion icons and ubber skinny models, drinking champagne and getting awesome goody bags.

Update on my creative work with Tri-Sigma.... having a while to come with what I need to design turned to 3 days. I can't go into specifics as to what I'm exactly doing but it is going to be fantastic and lots of fun. I'm excited to be part of such a huge project and I cannot wait for the Colony to become an official chapter.

Okay enough for now, time to get back to my glass of Merlot and watch a movie with the boy. I will be waking up early tomorrow to do all the Sigma work. Good bye for now.

1 comments:

Natalie Marie said...

It was good to see you too! You should come over again for a girls night, but this time work is forboden and we'll just drink and watch a movie on my bed.