Every morning I find myself having a media breakfast way before I have an actual breakfast. This is what keeps me growing, learning and evolving as a designer. Here you'll find the components of that meal... and some random stuff on the side

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Jewish Art

Go and experience the beauty that the Jewish Museum is.

This past Saturday Ian and I went and saw the "Chagall and the Artists of Russian Jewish Theater, 1919 - 1949" as it was wonderfully suggested by the lovely Jacquie.

I'm not great at describing museum experiences, much less work and perhaps that's why Art History was never on my list of well-liked classes, but this museum took my breath away. Ian loves them and can't never stop talking when in one about the work. I'm the complete opposite... i like to just walk around and enjoy the work for myself. Well for the first time ever, Ian didn't say more than 5 words and that's because it was a new experience for him. What you find there isn't often found in your 19th or 20th century history books at Pratt.

I thoroughly enjoyed the drawing styles of the costume designs of the Russian Jewish Theatre. I could see most of those pieces beautifully displayed on my walls if I had them as source of inspiration.

Check Jacquie's blog, she goes into details about what you can find there.

Next weekend's museum trip?

Perhaps the Cooper Hewitt... i have yet to go

0 comments: