Every morning I find myself having a media breakfast way before I have an actual breakfast. This is what keeps me growing, learning and evolving as a designer. Here you'll find the components of that meal... and some random stuff on the side

Sunday, December 28, 2008

relaxation.... at last

HALLE FREAKING LUJAH for the Holiday Season. I have been going sooo non-stop that I was headed straight into a messy crash and burn. i had a feeling that if it kept going, it wouldn't have been a pretty sight. Fortunately break arrived just in time. Ian and I left for home Tuesday at 9pm. We had little by little brought my bags over to the office, that way I wouldn't have to deal with 3 large bags in the L morning commute. For once, I didn't have anything to do at work Tuesday [very weird and surreal, i know] and just hung around with Jacq and Sung. I went to Barnes and Nobles and bought New Moon of the Twilight Saga. I was halfway through that when Jacq suggested going to the movies. We saw Seven Pounds with Will Smith and Rosario Dawson. I cannot explain what the movie is about without giving it all away but it is NECESSARY that you go and see this movie. It is heart warming, inspirational and could possibly change the way you view your life. It made me think about mine. It's been hard to get Ian's family to go see it and not being able to tell them what it's about.

When we arrived at home, allergies immediately hit me. I wasn't sure if it was it or me finally crashing and burning. Regardless to say, I've been in a fog this whole time home. It's been quite a bummer but I'm sort of used to. I'd rather have allergies the whole time than not be here at all. Christmas eve we spent it with the whole family at the Montgomery's where we had our Chinese Auction. It's very similar to white elephant gift exchange and it is a tradition of this family for many years now. Poor Ian, he got his gift stolen and ended up with a bag of coals. Tee hee hee.

The next morning we got to open our gifts at home. I will say that by far, this has been the best Christmas ever. Not only did I get some very kick ass gifts, but Ian and I were able to give everyone the gift we wanted for them. We didn't have to settle for less.

All in all these are what I can remember off the top of my head...

- nikon s60

- matching bracelet to my ring.
[My first Christmas with Ian, he bought me this beautiful hand-made silver ring. It was made by a jeweler in France. We saw last year that my favorite jewelry store here in Saratoga Springs had a matching bracelet for it. When we found out that the store was closing for good, we went to find the bracelet over thanksgiving break. I got very sad when I saw that it was gone. I nearly cried because I really wanted that bracelet. Well it turns out that Ian had his parents go and buy it for me.]

- mario kart for the wii

- lots of clothes, business attire stuff

- new earring rack and a total of 6 sets of earrings to go

- back massager

[monica, i will most certainly share this gift with you :-)]

- george forman grill

- lots of kitchen stuff


- kanye west's new album
[good production, he SUCKS at singing, i kinda wish i could mute his voice]

- The Tales of Beedle the Bard
[J.K.Rowling dropped the ball with this one, I haven't even been able to finish it]

- shamwow

- a framed, signed photograph of Bernardini as he's crossing the finish line at Travers race in Saratoga Springs
[Bernardini was my favorite horse on the property the first year Darley had their horses here for the summer. Bernardini has since been a great race horse almost winning the triple crown. It is now retired and making babies for LOTS and LOTS of money. I credit his success to all the extra carrots I'd give him daily]

- bright colors nail polish set

and many many gifts.

We were able to give Aunt Lorraine, Aunt Barb and Nan a day at the spa. We gave Jim the Neil Diamond box set. I have become a huge fan of Neil Diamond since. We got Dylan a set of speakers to go with his new Mac laptop. We got Pop Pop a traveling blanket and pillow and the Kite Runner book. We also got Nan a fondue set and we put it to work last night. Again there were also many many gifts. Each of the kids got one too.

Christmas is not about material possessions, it is about spending time with your loved ones. In years past I have wished that perhaps I had gotten that one gift I really wanted but this year, I could have done without all of my gifts. There has really been a change to who I am as a person within the past year. It's hard to explain but I know that I'm not the same person who I used to be. Not sure why I feel this way but I just do. I hope that everyone has had a a wonderful holiday. I know Kim did, her and Mike are engaged now. YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAYYYYYYYY!

1 comments:

lobese said...

the bracelet story is too cute! im excited about the back massager!