Every morning I find myself having a media breakfast way before I have an actual breakfast. This is what keeps me growing, learning and evolving as a designer. Here you'll find the components of that meal... and some random stuff on the side

Monday, December 1, 2008

'tis the season...



Thanksgiving dinner was the best this year, the same can't be said about the break as a whole.

At home we have 2 tables- one for the adults and the other for the kids. Well the kids aren't really kids anymore. Ian and I happily sat with the "kids" this year to accomodate uncle Henry celebrating with us. Our table was the loud and crazy one. The one where manners were thrown out the window and having a good time was a requirement. Dinner was delicious and very filling. Due to my oh so wonderful wisdom teeth, I wasn't able to finish all of my food and quickly passed out. Not quite sure whether or not this is as a result of all the turkey or the pain meds- let's just say both!

I am used to having home as my getaway from work, where I can just vegged out on the couch and watch mindless tv... the place where I can take my shoes off and take walks around the property. I'm using to having the option of going downtown with Ian if I want to. I am NOT used to having to bring my work with me and actually doing it. It wasn't much of a break. Perhaps its all my fault for being the workaholic that I am and for loving what I do. When we got back last night, I was more mentally and physically exhausted than when I left. Coffee will be my best friend as I try to survive the next 3 days of crazy work, followed by wisdom teeth procedure. Maybe then I'll get some rest- although knowing me, that won't happen.

Good thing about home... We got to see how big Layla has gotten and experienced the first snowfall of the season!! It was good to also see the family.

1 comments:

lobese said...

i want to cuddle layla!