Every morning I find myself having a media breakfast way before I have an actual breakfast. This is what keeps me growing, learning and evolving as a designer. Here you'll find the components of that meal... and some random stuff on the side

Friday, December 19, 2008

this season, i challenge you

I have always been creative with my wrapping. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the holiday season because it means that I will have lots of gifts to wrap. When I was in school and had access to the RA butcher paper, that's what I would use for wrapping. Ever since I've been using old magazines. In years past, we have wrapped our gifts in regular, ordinary Christmas wrapping paper. This year I have challenged Ian's parents to do all their wrapping in either newspaper or white butches paper. Nan's response was "well then it isn't colorful and pretty!". Well then add a bright colorful ribbon that can truly be reused next season. No two gifts are the same exact and you can do crazy things with ribbons. Think about it, crisp white paper with bright colorful ribbons-- how much prettier can that be. It also helps recycling and the environment. I just finished wrapping the gifts we have bought here in the city with magazine paper and I CHALLENGE ALL OF YOU to do the same!